February is the perfect time to add a dash of chocolate to, well, everything! Right now, we are loving the combo of chocolate and mint! We’ve cooked up a couple delicious recipes to add a dash of CBD to your Valentine’s treats. Try Chocolate Mint CBD Fudge with a warm cup of Cocoa CBD Latte.
rECIPE #1: Chocolate Mint CBD Fudge (Paleo-friendly!)
We experimented with this brownie-like fudge that is perfect for the chocolate lover who wants to stick with healthier choices. Add as much mint extract and CBD as you like! We suggest using melted cacao butter, which has a unique flavor, but coconut oil works too. Almond butter is delish, but we also tried it with honey-sweetened sesame butter. Experiment with your favorite nut butter.
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 2 tablespoons melted cacao butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon RE-LIVE Tincture (Mint)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 5 to 10 drops mint extract, or to taste
- Add dates to a bowl and pour about 1/4 cup of hot water to cover. Allow the dates to soak for at least 5 minutes.
- Drain dates from the water (reserve the water in case you need to thin out the fudge a little)
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until a thick paste forms. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust by adding more mint extract or salt.
- Using a small spatula, scrape the fudge into a parchment paper lined dish or mini-muffin tins
- Place the fudge in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. Remove the fudge by pulling the parchment paper up, and slice into squares. Store in the fridge or freezer!
rECIPE #2: Cocoa CBD Latte
This take on hot cocoa is perfect for a chilly day or curling up with your favorite streaming service. Use the milk of your choice. Keep it paleo or keto by choosing sugar-free cocoa. We tried it with both instant coffee and a shot of espresso. Both variations were delicious! We suggest topping with whipped cream. Try coconut or almond whipped cream to stay dairy-free.
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1 packet or ¼ cup of instant hot cocoa mix
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or a single shot of espresso
- Drops of RE-LIVE Tincture (Mint)
- Bring the milk to a simmer or heat in the microwave for 2 minutes
- Place the cocoa mix and instant coffee granules or espresso shot into an empty mug
- Stir hot milk into the mug
- Add CBD to taste
- Top with your favorite whipped cream